The Federal Government has commenced emergency repairs at the long-neglected Lagos-Abeokuta Road.
This development was announced on Wednesday by Uchenna Orji, Special Adviser, Media to the Minister of Works, highlighting the government’s commitment to tackling pressing infrastructure issues.
In a statement, Orji emphasized the government’s commitment to addressing the pressing infrastructure issues affecting commuters.
He admitted that the road had been bad for some time.
Orji said, that the repair initiative is part of a broader strategy under the ‘Operation Free Our Roads’ program, aimed at enhancing the condition of federal roadways across the nation.
“The Federal Ministry of Works under the watch of His Excellency, Sen. Engr. Nweze David Umahi, CON, is committed to providing relief to motorists and commuters on all the federal roads nationwide,” Orji said.
He noted that motorists and residents have long expressed frustration over the road’s condition.
According to reports, the Federal Ministry of Works is collaborating with the concessionaire to bring relief to the neglected sections. The repair initiative is part of a broader strategy to enhance the condition of federal roadways nationwide.
The Lagos-Abeokuta Road has been plagued by deterioration, causing frustration among motorists and commuters. Previous administrations had attempted to address the issue, but funding and prioritization hurdles hindered progress. The road’s importance to the socio-economic development of the South-West and its connection to the Republic of Benin make this repair initiative crucial.






