With erstwhile EFCC chairman Abdulwaheed Bawa chopped from the anti-graft body by President Tinubu, the body is set to witness a breath of fresh air under its Acting chairman, Mohammed Umar Abba
Below are seven fact about Mohammed Umar Abba
1. Mohammed Umar Abba was born on June 22, 1965, in Tudunwada Local Government Area of Kano State.
2. Abba bagged his first degree from Bayero University, Kano .He attended the Nigeria Police Academy, Kaduna State, where he was commissioned in 1992
3. CP Abba was seconded to the Commission in January 2016 to head the Counterterrorism and General Investigations, CTGI, Section at the Headquarters in Abuja.
4. He was appointed the Director of Operations of the Commission in 2017.
5. In 2019, Mohammed Umar Abba was promoted to the rank of Commissioner of Police.
6. On July 9, 2020, Abba stepped in as the Acting Chairman of the Commission, being the most senior operational officer when the former chairman, Ibrahim Magu, was suspended.
7. Mohammed Umar Abba have been saddled with the responsibility of conducting proper investigation on some of the allegations levied against Abdulrasheed Bawa.