News

Gov. Otti unleashes “Operation Crush” against crime in Abia

Gov. Alex Otti of Abia, on Tuesday inaugurated “Operation Crush” initiative as part of the state government’s efforts to tackle insecurity in the state.

Speaking during the event at the Trademore Event Center in Umuahia, Otti said that his administration had zero tolerance for any form of criminality in any part of Abia.

The governor said that security could be best described as the foundation for building enduring prosperity in a society.

He added that the initiative was a practical demonstration of the state government’s unflinching commitment to establish peace and stability in the state.

Otti said that the operation would be made up of a joint task force of security operatives from the Nigerian Police Force, the Army, the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, the Directorate of State Security and the Nigerian Navy.

He said that the special operation had been technically set up to swiftly identify, analyse and respond to security threats from and within any part of the state.

Otti said:”As the codename indicates, the goal is to counter with necessary force, any incidence of kidnapping, armed robbery and other forms of violent crimes anywhere in the state.

“Special attention will be focused on  flashpoints around communities within Umunneochi and Isuikwuato Local Government Areas with a firm determination to identify and clear all criminal hideouts.

”This will be done using the superiority of our arms and the operational expertise of the security personnel on this team.

What's your reaction?

Leave Comment