2023 ElectionBreaking NewsNews

Stranded Nigerians in desert: We have resolved issues with transport company- FG

The Federal Government has said it has resolved the issue with the transport company that left Nigerians who were being evacuated from conflict-ridden Sudan in the middle of the Sahara Desert because of a disagreement over money.

A report emerged on Thursday that about five buses conveying stranded Nigerians in Sudan to neighbouring Egypt stopped abruptly in the middle of the Sahara Desert as the drivers of the vehicles allegedly got a directive from the company to discontinue the journey until the Nigerian government cleared the outstanding money owed to the outfit.

The stranded students were seen in the viral video lamenting their plight.

However, the Director-General of the Nigeria in Diaspora Commission, Abike Dabiri said in a tweet that the matter had been resolved at the stranded Nigerian had continued their journey.

“I have just spoken to @nemanigeria dg. He confirmed the buses have continued their Journey and said whatever issues have been resolved,” she tweeted through her Twitter handle on Thursday.

 

Her tweet:

 

https://twitter.com/abikedabiri/status/1651590191436427265?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1651590191436427265%7Ctwgr%5Ed29316271470e80b365c8a7033bff89869c5f912%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gistreel.com%2Fabike-dabiri-addresses-report-of-nigerians-stranded-halfway-out-of-sudan%2F

What's your reaction?

Leave Comment